View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make an offer to the old DC that won’t take a trial but it good and local. I am seeing him as my Ursu. Local, Romanian, solid. Having a quality 4th option for when I need to sub in someone or give some games here and there.

Let me show you how scouting works in this game, as I really like it:

This is a report that my scouts bring me and I can choose what to do with it. I just got this report. Here is South African young star Grant Margeman, and my scout has told me that they think he’s really good and would be interested in playing for us, as well as the cost of around 425k-1.1 Mill, which is feasible now. They also give him a 4.5 current rating and 4.45 future, so he looks developed. Let’s look at him, as this report seems like something I might want to follow up on.

And here is Grant’s profile. As you can see, we need more scouting numbers, but there is a lot to hang your hat on here. He basically plays the same role as Traore on my club, and could be a better Traore and nine years younger. 20 year old, capped, South African who would be willing to come to Romania? That’s something to follow up on. I’ll scout him out, and then look at him. He was a 7.26 rating starting for Ajax CT (In South Africa) last year in 30 games. So that’s something.

If I could secure him for, say, 500 or 600k, then it seems like a wise play. I can bring in competition for Traore, and then see who wins out.

I prefer to chase prospects like this. My scout found him. I also will look at youth squads for nearby teas, or U21/19 national squads and such myself to see who I like, which is something I am sure scouts do in real life as well.

This is how I found some of the better wonderkids (from real life) in the game. I found Alexis Sanchez and brought him into my Kaiserslautern team in Germany. I didn’t look him up. I found Kim Kallestrom. I found Sebastian Driussi for Nacional da Madeira. I found Thibou Courtois at GK for Slavia Prague. Etc. These are my people.

Is Grant the next on my list? I guess we’ll see, but he looks like a strong option for pushing us past Cluj.

I scout him, and make an offer for 775k. A little higher than I wanted, but still, he looks the part.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote