View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 08:00 PM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Historical Hegemon Series
Volume 12 - Theodoro
Chapter 74 - The Theodoran Age of Exploration Begin
s

1 Jan, 1616 – New tech – ADMIN TECH 18 – National Sovereignty – We get another Group of Ideas!

Options:

Exploration - With holdings in the Persian Gulf, I have a base for exploration in the Indian Ocean and explore and claims things, it’s a bit late in the colonial game to go up against the bigger powers, but I do see some open spaces in the Indies like on the Island of Sulawesi, Borneo, Sumatra and I can’t see much, and Spain is in island of Belitung, could probably head over to the area and grab things. That was my original intent if you’ll recall, but then things didn’t work out that way and I audibled into a military juggernaut instead. France is all over the West Coast of Africa, but I cannot see South or much of the Indian Ocean. And I have enough DIP power to get the first Idea now.

I could do another improvement of my military as well like Quantity. .

Let’s look and see what’s available colonially. I do have the money to burn on colonies, as you have seen. In case this is the action I do, I start building a navy in the Persian Gulf since I do not know of the ocean crossing at this time.

I order 9 ships in the Gulf to be built up. 3 of each type.

Even if there is nothing out there, I could still use a Persian Gulf Fleet to help protect my borders.

13 February – Hamadad converts! I order here a Textile Manufactory for it’s Cloth

1 April - I claim Hormuz’s Qawsim which is the entrance to the Persian gulf and has a strait to Hormuz

I pull my diplomat. I also pull my Transoxiana one

14 May – I start building up my spy network in Isfahan

18 Nov – Our King has died:

Our new King is Alexios IV, 3/5/3, 38 years old, not married, no heir, Midas touched ability.

I offer RM to Georgia and we get a new Queen. Nestan-Darajan, 1/5/2, 30 years old

We also renew our vows with Russia.

1 Jan, 1617 – About half of my fleet is built here. I order 10 transports here as well

I can take a 10k army with a Conquistador to hold the serve against natives.

I order:

Workshop in Qazinya for it’s Cotton, Karbala for it’s Wool
Church in Hoveyah

1 July – I have maxed relations with Vijayanagar with 110 relations, but they are at war so I cannot try to buy a Trade Station from them. I recall my diplomat

1 Sept – I send this diplomat south to make nice with Kilwa in southern Africa to maybe buy a trading post

1 Oct – I claim Isfahan and pull this diplomat

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote