View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #27
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
CR was talking about doing one with Republicans and Democrats in Congress a couple of years ago, but never did anything about it.

After my first few WW games used popular intellectual properties Star Trek, Magic, Lord of the Rings, I branched out into my own stuff. Now I consider myself solid enough as a GM not to need the IP to bring in players, but I was a crappy GM at first and I had to learn on the road. In this game, I'll be trying out a lot of new mechanics for me for the first time, so I cannot promise to make the game perfect I will try, however, to make it a lot of fun.

Pretty sure that Chief did end up running that game, although I did not play in it.

Also, I think you were a much better mod in those early games than you are giving yourself credit for here. But you did dive in with both feet; no starter rules (aka "simple game") for you out of the gate. When someone runs ambitious games they get to go through a little steeper learning curve.

Best of luck with the new ideas for this game. Looking forward to reading along when I'm back in town, or from my hotel room if/when I get curious next week
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote