View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #881
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6 View Post
I'm going to jump in here and brag, but I also hope it might be a bit inspirational as well:

I came in first in my age group in a 5K this morning; the first time I've gotten any sort of placement award in a race. I grew up overweight and never really excelled at anything athletically even though I liked sports. So I started running five years ago when I began college. I was 250lbs (I'm 5'11") and couldn't even go a tenth of a mile without getting winded. I lost 50-60 pounds never running more than 2 miles.

About a year and a half ago, after a breakup, I really started to ramp up my mileage to help take my mind off what I was going through and got hooked. I never dreamed I'd actually win anything, but ended up losing another 10-20 pounds to get down to ~170 and now I seem to be somewhat competitive in my local area! So I'm feeling proud this morning and wanted to share with all of you who are on the same journey. Keep up the good work FOFC!

Whoops - I never logged in to say "awesome job!!" to this!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote