View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #618
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
Well, to be blunt, England has had a huge problem with massacres too. Public places, transportation and events instead of schools. For decades it has been an issue. Just last year there were 5 major attacks in UK, this is despite, as I understand it, basically eliminating the right to privacy in public places.

It’s not great to have five attacks in a year, although all of them were terror attacks rather, and not one of them was a gun attack which is the topic here. So a slight false equivalence there.

Back on topic, I believe, that there were at least (11 gun attacks) changed to 18 gun incidents in schools only in January alone in the US.
Kentucky shooting is 11th U.S. school attack of new year - CBC News | The National

So in a nation where guns are generally illegal other than for hunting/clay shooting, even the really bad guys don’t use them, and if they had have had guns, the tolls would undoubtedly have been much higher given the density of the public presence.

So thanks for pointing how effective gun control can be in eliminating mass shootings, and reducing fatalities in an attack in a public place (I accept it’s a very different beats in the US, but this was such a ridiculous false equivalence it deserved a slightly ridiculous reply)

Can we refocus on the topic now?

Last edited by AlexB : 03-12-2018 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Increased number and amended description based on tarcone’s post a few down
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote