View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 01:37 PM   #7666
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I have played it, and I have a significantly different opinion. The developer is a great guy who regular communicates and updates, etc. Just good people.

Still quite a ways to go in EA, so it's not to the finish line yet or close to it, but if it were a released game I would consider the current balance unacceptable. Recruiting AI is quite bad, the school updates are OP (less so after a recent patch nerfed the biggest offender Facilities a bit, but still an issue). Scheduling is still bad, conference prestige never changes, and so on. There's a lot of good things about FCCD. It has a decent chance to get there, but as ever there's a lot of voices in the user suggestions wanting to weigh it down with what I would consider far too much complexity, or various spurious ideas that don't affect the core of the game. A lot will depend on what the dev chooses to say yes and no to.

I'd say this does a better job of articulating the feelings in my house than I was willing to invest the time into doing.

The game was ultimately too easy to keep either of us around more than a handful of seasons. Things like the scheduling, the conference prestige issue, and so on, those just added up to back-on-the-shelf TFN.

I like the bones in places, but it feels like a very long way to go before it warrants more than a very occasional dabble to see if its getting any closer.