View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #410
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Aug 10, 2013
Blyth (0-0-0) vs Colwyn Bay (0-0-0)

We've seen the Seagulls before, in our first season, splitting a pair of matches. We're Pick 'Em favorites at home and will open up the year in a 4-3-1-1 (modified 4-4-2 diamond) Standard. I would really like to win this one, get the horrible taste of last season's slump out of my mouth for the first time in weeks.

The lineup, not one that's anticipated to be an every week affair (we've got three matches in 8 days to open the season so we have to move some people around). Williamson, Nwachuku, and Rickard are all set to make their debuts, Ricketts would also see his first team debut if he were to appear.

GK: Dovey
D: Holden, Seery, Williamson, Purvis
MF: Whitaker, Hands, Nwachuku
AMC: Lobjoit
ST: Rickard, Clarke-Harris

25' - Lobjoit finally takes our first shot of the year, on target from the right wing but an easy save right into the breadbasket
44' - Dovey tips a shot round the post
Halftime - Yes, it was that dull a half. We were outshot 3-1 and slowly lost the poss. battle by the end of the half. We tweak our passing, and a few other things.
61' - Switch to Attack
69' - Sub Wallace (for Hands, tiring), switch back to Standard (let's get at least a draw here)
80' - Sub Ricketts (for Williamson, knocked), move Wallace to DC
89' - 4 mins injury time
90 - Sub Cofie (for Clarke-Harris)

Fulltime: Blyth 0 - Colwyn Bay 0
We should have been able to see them off but when you're outshot 5-4 and only have 45% poss with 68% passing, it's hard to do much. Just a mediocre showing at home, not a good sign.

Dovey 6.9
Holden 6.7, Seery 7.0, Williamson (MOM 7.6), Purvis 7.3
Whitaker 6.5, Hands 6.5, Nwachuku 6.5, Lobjoit 6.5
Rickard 6.8, Clarke-Harris 6.6
Subs: Wallace (71') 6.7, Ricketts (81') N/A, Cofie (90') N/A