View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #414
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Aug 17, 2013 (morning)
Our U18s opened Group 10 play at Tonbridge with a 2-0 win. Trialist William Johnson-Cole scored once in each half for the victory. Good performances all the way around. One down note as ML Dean Goodall suffered a gashed leg & will be out 2-3 weeks recovering.
-----

Our Reserves played a hastily scheduled fitness friendly at Spennymoor. Trialist DC Gardiner surrendered an own goal in the final minute of the first half. And that was it. A very disappointing 1-0 loss against a side we should have run ragged.
-----

Aug 17, 2013
Blyth (0-1-1, 17th BSBN) vs Eastwood (0-0-2, 20th BSBN)

We beat in both previous meetings and are 4:5 favorites today at home. We'll play 4-4-2 Diamond Standard to start.

GK: McDonald
D: Holden, Seery, Wallace, Purvis
MF: Whitaker, Hands, Paratore, Nwachuku
ST: Lobjoit, Clarke-Harris

3' - Clarke-Harris is spot on with a rebound after Whitaker hit the post (1-0)
Halftime - Actually ended up outshot 4-3 but the lead is standing for now. Sub Sawyer for Hands (knocked)
48' - An own goal by the keeper extends our lead (2-0) Paratore's shot hit the post,hit the keeper, went in.
54' - Nwachuku on a sprint, ahead to Clarke-Harris who beats a defender and then beats the keeper (3-0)
60' - Sub Williamson for Paratore (tiring)
64' - Hawkins gets Eastwood on the board with good effort to beat Williamson and then McDonald (3-1)
81' - Sub Mutero for Nwachuku (knocked)
85' - A turnover by Purvis at midfield starts a disastrous sequence that leads to a goal by Dales (3-2) We'll switch to Contain & try to hold on
86' - Lobjoit is free into the area, crossing ... Clarke-Harris for the hat trick (4-2)

Fulltime: Blyth 4 - Eastwood 2
Finally, the streak is over. We found a club we could fairly dominate with speed & quickness, as well as in the air. My staff is blase about it, I'm pretty darned happy.

McDonald 6.9
Holden 6.9, Seery 7.2, Wallace 6.9, Purvis 6.8
Whitaker 7.1, Hands 6.4, Paratore 7.3, Nwachuku 7.1
Lobjoit 7.0, Clarke-Harris (MOM) 9.6
Subs: Sawyer (45') 6.9, Williamson (63') 6.2, Mutero (83') N/A

Goals: Clarke-Harris 3
Assists: Nwachuku, Whitaker, Paratore, Lobjoit 1 each

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-24-2012 at 02:27 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote