View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 10:18 PM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the thing about trying to sign guys in a league where you only have a few $k, you have to be judicious and smart. Since you can't turn off colors, that's helping me scout a little bit, but there's some merit to actually looking at stats since, the goal here is to get out of the 5th division, so a guy could be a worthless player in a higher level, but could be just what you need to get out of that level.

All of the rosters in the 5th division are cleared, so we're all starting from scratch again this year since most guys only sign one year deals down here, though I just increased that so teams can sign dudes to deals beyond 1 year, because it seemed silly to have all of the rosters clear out year after year.

The nice thing about the scrubs at this level, is when you look at stats you can see guys who might have gotten some decent run time at the 4th division that you think might be able to do even more at the 5th division.

I haven't decided on a strategy for how we'll spend most of our cap, though thinking about it now, I'm thinking if I can assemble a mini-big 3 of some size for under 11k, then I can spend a 1-2k on a scoring guard and then the rest is what I've filled out with.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote