View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #261
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Bruiser Brody was injured in his match with King Kong Bundy, but he'll be able to work through it. Still, it sucks to have him at less than 100% when he's on a short-term contract with us.

-At least Brody was luckier than the WWF's Don Muraco, who has suffered an injury that will keep in out of action for a year.

-Dusty Rhodes is the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion (for the 3rd time) - ending Ric Flair's incredible 25-month run with the belt.

-In other title change news, The Invaders have defeated Rocky Johnson & Pedro Morales to win the WWF Tag Team Championship. Johnson & Morales had been champions for 3 months.

-The Great Kabuki's contract is up in a few weeks, so we requested negotiations. He wants $1,550/show, a raise from his current $1,000/show. I reluctantly pull the trigger. This would have been an easy chance to shrink the roster a little bit, but I want to keep him around at least long enough to have some matches with Brody.

-Ricky Morton's complaining about his push as a lower midcarder. I move him up, swapping him with Ken Mantel, who is back down to the lower midcard.

-David Von Erich has snubbed another company, this time it was Puerto Rico's WWC.

-Mike Von Erich is back at 100% after his injury.

-The TV show gets a rating of 0.74. That's our highest number in 3 weeks.

-We negotiate a couple of talent trades, to give us some different faces for the upcoming Texas Rumble. Mid-South will have use of Bob Backlund and David Von Erich, and we get Ted Dibiase and Jim Duggan. Duggan is in for 3 shows including the Rumble, Dibiase is just in for the Rumble. I also work with Houston Championship Wrestling to trade Adrian Adonis and Bob Backlund for Gino Hernandez and the WWF Champion, Junkyard Dog for 3 appearances each. That last trade is a bit of a risk since Backlund is now working for 5 different companies (albeit two of them on loan contracts). But, Backlund is the only guy HCW would take for JYD. So we'll have some interesting matchups in the shows around Texas Rumble. And all wrestlers involved consider us their priority company, so HCW and MSW will only have access to our traded workers on our nights off.

Last edited by molson : 06-15-2007 at 08:34 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote