View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 06:25 AM   #156
Flasch186
Coordinator

We're touring the school on the 21st AND I spoke to a family which had kids there. One kid went 6th and on to graduate and the other went 6th up to now wherein he's a junior. Both played Baseball. We havent heard anything bad thus far other than the cost and distance. It's so alien to me to move where we moved for the schools which there's the requisite schools for our kids within a mile yet to be considering driving our oldest to a private school 30 or so minutes away for a fee. SMH Here we are though.

The parent said the Baseball program at the school is run like a collegiate program. MS JV and V practice with the HS JV and V learning the same things and doing the same things. No one gets cut (its a small school) but no one is just given PT. You have to earn that.

I like the idea of stretching him academically as well and continuing the eat what you kill mentality I've given him when it comes to earning the opportunities that I once kicked a door open to (All star B team Practice squad at the beginning of the thread). The classes are smaller 12-1 and he won't be able to be "bored" which he complains about a lot currently. The baseball program is also year round so there wont be a ton of scrambling trying to stay polished during "off season". This school has an offseason program involving stretching, arm care, weight training, cardio etc. which seems to be something that is just missed as impossible to accomplish when you're on disparate teams with separated seasons and little organized team activities during the break; left on your own to do it.

ALSO, I found out that the 7th grader from the same school as Aiden that is a great baseball player is likely moving to the school too, so I reached out to put a feeler out about car pooling and they were open to it so that's good too.

Here's the school

https://www.sjcds.net/

Kid hit a nice Line Drive Triple on Monday:

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 04-13-2022 at 06:39 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote