View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 08:35 PM   #192
Flasch186
Coordinator

13 year olds and their self esteem issues

At arm camp tonight before the next set of pitches the coach was looking for the kids to yell /scream before taking the mound and throwing a hard as they could while trying to hang on to good form. My son was first to go and really cracked under the internal debate of just doing it and the “what will I look like to these 5 other kids” if I do it and it led to a pretty crappy second half of arm camp where he showed that quit body language etc. Really bad showing and in front of the program director. I had hoped that he would mentally be prepared to grow out of the self esteem poison but it’s apparently going to be a longer road.

So many coaches and these two parents have reiterated for years that the only thing holding Aiden back is his head and we’re still in it. What a shame. He says to me occasionally, “dad, why am I no longer getting better.” And I point at my head which causes him to get really frustrated and angry but alas until he buys in to that as the issue we will toil in this purgatory until either he evolves or the game evolves without him. Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote