View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #560
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sri Lanka Rankings Update

Prakash Mooljee -- 8th to 1st singles. An 84-6 overall mark is nearly as good as Girsh put up a year ago, and he's just getting started. 2 Slams, 5 Masters and the WTF. Mooljee has a chance to make a real name for himself in the history books if he can continue to perform at a high level and avoid prolonged slumps. Others like Janin are going to be come for him eventually, but for the next year of two he should basically be without peer.

Girish Girsh -- 1st to 2nd singles. Girsh fell a little further than he should have this season; his 73-13 record was his worst in the last four years. He should still be at least a Top 4 player, but is definitely in the ex-champ category now.

Anil Mehul -- 4th to 6th singles, 1041st to 2359th doubles. Mehul's goal this season will be to make the World Tour Finals for a 10th straight year. At the same age, Benda just narrowly missed. I expect him to slip below Ujjaval to 7th, but he's got to fall quite a bit for anyone else to catch him. Anil broke a seven-year streak of winning at least 80% of his matches. He's also reached the hard limit on serving ability, so until he switches over to doubles and trainer training, he will only be able to try and slow down the decline from the back of the court. He's already a little below world-class standard at 3.9 on his serve, and that'll continue to fall now. His 15th win this year will be the 1000th of his career, and he'll also probably break the $50 million mark in total winnings.

Shreya Ujjaval -- 12th to 7th singles, 106th to 107th doubles. Ujjaval had a tough start to the year but was very strong in the second half, making his first Tour Finals appearance. He should be a major threat at Wimbledon again, where he was a finalist this year, and will be looking to move up a couple more spots.

Shyam Senepathy -- 69th to 67th singles. Up and down, but more or less treading water. Senepathy still has a couple of years to improve, so probably he'll make the Top 50 at some point. Didn't win any events while playing mostly challengers over the last three months, mostly because he hasn't figured out yet that playing a tournament virtually every week isn't the way to go.

Ritwik Dudwadkar -- 8th to 19th juniors, unranked now as he turns pro. I was expecting something more in the 12-15 range. I also discovered that I'd gone too far in terms of getting his serving up first; I think it's a good idea up to a point to avoid double-faults, but I went too far with it. He's almost balanced out now. I'm going to be looking closely at his practice weeks to see if playing amateurs is what I want to do, or if I should skip some of that and go straight to futures. Either way, it's always exciting to have a player turn professional, and begin the long climb to the top. So far all of my players have become #1 in the world at some point, and I have no reason to expect Dudwadkar will be any different when it comes to that.

Manager Ranking -- 1st, 47.2k to 49.0k points. Broke 50k briefly a couple times, but it gets ever-harder to increase as I reach higher and higher.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote