View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #392
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
And yet it's not. Read the rankings by the panel US News put together. It's the worst of the worst diets and cuts out a ton of healthy foods because two idiots with no background in nutrition decided to piggyback off the garbage Paleo diet.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Dieting once you've overweight and have issues is a very individualized thing. What works for one person may not work for another. Its completely fucking ridiculous to me to "rank" diets for a generalized population and just expect that to be the end. They immediately appear to be using outdated and improper methodolgoies just based on my own personal area of expertise, diabetes. If you rate the low carb diets at the bottom of your "diabetes" ranking, your ranking is immediately worthless.

Other diets are ranked lowl becuase they're "hard", but the people that do them successfully find them to be miracles.

Basically, who the fuck are you to tell some random stranger on the internet who is trying his best to work out his own problems, categorically, that a recommendation to follow a diet recommending whole foods and cutting sugar as its base, is full of shit and he should immediately re-think and re-do his entire support system. That's horseshit.

We all have our own struggles and experiences. I'm happy to hear yours and see if it relates or resonates with me and my experiences and my own research. But if you are gonna interact this way as an authority out of nowhere with a bunch of strangers, don't expect to be listened to in the slightest.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote