CF Finley
RF Guerrero
LF Anderson
DH Salmon
3B McPherson
SS Cabrera
C Molina
2B Kennedy

I don't really have a speed component to this lineup, although Figgins will get a lot of time at several positions. So I went with the few disciplined starters we had in Erstad and Finley to lead off. They also have better pop than such hitters usually have. Guerrero and Anderson should form one of the best power duos in the league, but I am asking for a lot depending on a rookie and an aging, injury prone DH to help porivde protection. The back end isn't a spectacular hitting group, but they can hold their own.

Figgins will see a lot of time, likely spelling players enoough to get nearly the same percentage of time himself as one of the starters he is replacing. Expect him a lot at 3B, 2B, SS and DH.

The rotation will run as follows...

Escobar
Washburn
Colon
Lackey
Byrd

I really do feel Escobar is my best pitcher, so he gets the Opening Day nod against Texas. The rest seem relatively interchangeable. Given the inconsistency of Washburn and Lackey, I have split them up to avoid morale-busting losing streaks. Colon doesn't seem to be as well rated here as in real life, so I will have to hope he can perform to his past standards. Byrd is an excelelnt choice for #5, I feel.

I won't go into the nitty gritty details, but my pen will be built around closer Rodriguez, primary setup man Donnelly, and setup man/middle reliever Shields.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote