View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 10:30 PM   #19
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Kendall, A's Win In Spite Of Missing Crosby (April 8)

The Oakland Athletics remained one of the hottest teams in the early going of the season, crushing the Devil Rays 16-9, despite the odd absence of SS Bobby Crosby, the 2004 AL Rookie of the Year.

A's management refused to comment on Crosby, saying that the shortstop was dealing with personal issues and that the team is behind him. Crosby was not in attendance at the game, nor did Oakland give any indications when he might return. Mark Scutaro started at SS in Crosby's place.

Oakland wasn't missing Crosby, what with C Jason Kendall's amazing start. Normally little more than a slap-hitter, Kendall hit two homeruns for the second game in a row, and drove in eight runs, or half of Oakland's total.

Kendall's season-high is 14 homeruns, and has only broken double digits in round trippers three times in nine major league seasons. Kendall went 5-for-6 today and also scored three runs.

After four games, the A's are the only remaining undefeated team in the American League, and one of only two such teams in baseball, the other being the Giants just across the bay.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 10-09-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote