View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #835
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
And this seems to be about the most wolfish thing you could say. What's the point of having a game of WW if we don't have to kill the wolves, for whatever reason? I think you're vastly overestimating how simple this game is going to be in that regard.

I think you're reading more into my posts than I'm intending. Yesterday you said you don't think it's as simple as no lynch all the way and we win (I forget your phrasing, but I thought it was something like that -- correct me if I'm wrong). That's really not what I was trying to say. It's going to still take a lot to find the center, and there is certainly a risk involved with no lynch -- but it seems like the better alternative to me. My thinking in this is pretty well-reasoned, and doesn't simplify the game like you accuse. As for "what's the point?" -- sometimes WW games get so complex and so into the theme that they barely resemble WW (see my BCS game, or my Chess game, which was another game where the village could win without killing wolves).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote