View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 12:40 AM   #364
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sri Lanka Rankings Update

Anil Mehul -- 2nd singles. At 29, Mehul may be having his best year. His winning percentage is a hair above what it was two years ago when he finished #1, and this time around he has two Slams which he's never managed before -- but no Masters yet, that year he won five. It all depends on how well he finishes, but as expected Iglar is becoming increasingly inconsistent despite his great year last year, as age takes just a bit quicker of a toll on him that it does on our hero.

Girish Girsh -- 4th to 3rd singles, 606th to 592nd doubles. A new high for Girsh as he slides ahead of Benda. It looks to be his best season yet, but he's 0-5 against the two players ahead of him. He was so close in the Wimbledon semi against Iglar, and it would have been huge for him. He finished well last year, so it would take a really brilliant streak for him to surpass either of the top pair yet this season. It could happen, though.

Prakash Mooljee -- 52nd to 49th singles, 564th to 751st doubles. While the ranking hasn't changed much, Mooljee has been taking the tier-2 challengers with increasing ease. He's won five straight now and is steadily improving; just this week he had some competitive losses against Top-20 foes Bourdet and Federer in practice. It'll be more of the same most of the rest of the year, training and mid-level challengers. The goal for him right now is to be seeded at the Australian Open to start next year, and that will likely depend on how he handles the 'big finish' against other top challenger players at the end of the season after Paris.

Shreya Ujjaval -- 64th singles(unchanged), 157th to 98th doubles. Ujjaval continues to be better than his ranking. He continues to 'play up' in events that he isn't ranked high enough to really succeed in yet, which will delay his breakthrough but I still think he's good enough that it'll eventually come.

Shyam Senepathy -- 240th to 215th. Continuing to make gradual progress, he plays a futures event pretty much every week and has won only a single tournament in the past year. Through sheer talent he's about to graduate to challengers, and I think he'll stall there under the present strategy.

Ritwik Suksma -- 1139th to 618th juniors. I'm starting to develop a complex about the fact that the guy I didn't want is outperforming the guy I jettisoned him for. Hopefully a decent manager picks Suksma up soon now that he's free again.

Ritwik Dudwadkar -- 1227th to 1000th juniors. Finally starting to progress a little.

Manager Ranking -- 2nd(unchanged), 33.6k to 36.3k. Slipped to third briefly again, but Wimbledon gave me some breathing room.

Coming Up ...

Dudwadkar will have probably a couple of events during the break including next week. On the pro tour, it's a month off until Canada, launching us into the frenetic final months.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote