View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 08:36 PM   #34
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
What was the talent level like at the tourney? I noticed there are 2 Boo Williams tourneys and I can't remember if we did the one in April or in May a few years ago.

Were you able to catch any of the other age divisions or the boys games?

Boys was not running this same weekend.

It was very challenging to see other games, even our own club teams, due to COVID protocols. They were rotating everyone out of the gym after every game to do some kind of a "deep clean" between games. Ticket allocations were heavily limited, seats were spaced out (but not enforced) and there were few chairs provided.

For girls, it featured 32 EYBL teams in each of the divisions. There are a lot of regional EYBL tournaments - the rest of our schedule will be these, more or less. But this one had all the teams. I would have loved the opportunity to see a lot more basketball as a fan, and I expect I will at the Tournament of Champions in July when I've gotten doubled-vacc'd and I'm hopeful protocols will be a little less onerous than they were this weekend.

AP was excited to learn that Overtime was in the main gym (15U was in convention center, until final game) and to see Shaq's daughter warming up. So that was about the extent of exposure we had outside of our games.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote