View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #65
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I believe QPP is weaker in this respect for there are horses that race at low levels that have no business being there. HoT seems to have segregated this better.

When I got my copy of QPP recently, an additional single sheet of paper dated with the year 2007 was included. On one side was additional notes and on the other side was advanced handicapping tips.

On the side with the advanced handicapping tips under a bullet point about Speed figures (SF) was the following... "SF are often a more reliable factor than class of race because QPP moves better horses into lower class claiming races at times to allow astute owners to claim some better horses."

So, I guess this "bug" is now a feature of the current QPP program.

I found QPP fun to play. However, as with all horse racing programs I found things that bugged me about it. Specifically, I did not like the monthly auctions, since it was exactly the same every month in terms of the quality of horses and the order in which they appeared. I did not like the fact that basically the monthly auction is only for your stable. If you do not purchase one of the horses, then it disappears from the database. So even if another owner is shown as the highest bidder, he never gets that horse. If you search for a horse that you did not buy at the auction that horse is not in the database.

If anything QPP seems to be more of a betting simulator, then a horse racing sim.

I have since moved on to Horse Racing Manager, also called Final Stretch, (not HRM2, but the original 2003 version), since it is available for $10 on GamersGate. And, so far, it is more of a managerial simulator with a horse racing setting than a horse racing sim. As you have to figure out the correct feed for each of your horses (seems to be very important), and determine it's training regiment. At the same time you are buying buildings (that give you bonuses to various things) to expand your stable, and you have to hire employees to run various things.

There is betting and horse racing, and it is also in 3D if you want to watch the races and you can also be a jockey, but the program seems to be lacking in some major areas. But it wasn't that bad of a purchase for $10, at least I think so at the moment.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote