View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 11:27 PM   #79
PilotMan
Head Coach

1. Elmer Lund

.209 AVG; 0.1 WAR; 52 Games, 86 AB, 2 HR, 8 RBI.

Lund never became the force that I envisioned him being. Most of the games he played were in CF or at SS. The manager just didn't see the usefulness in having him play second base that I did.

2. Bobby Blanco

14-8; 31 GS, 223.2 IP, 3.02 ERA, 150 K's, 1.27 WHIP, 4.6 WAR

Blanco was everything that he was hoped to be and more. There were times during the season that he was the only pitcher that could be relied upon during the year. He walked 105 guys, but more importantly made it through the year unhurt. His 2 starts in the postseason were crucial to the championship run. He is a strong contender for ROY.

3. 1B Graham Sheffield

.299 AVG; 2.7 WAR; 147 Games; 488 AB; 25 HR; 83 RBI

A solid offensive producer. He was benched a lot against left handers but still managed to play in 90% of the games while remaining healthy. He lead the team in batting average and while he wasn't close to the level of dominance he enjoyed playing in the PLB his production was the best of any player on the team. His exploits in the post season will go down in lore with a .350 average and 7 HR in 44 PA. To put that into perspective there isn't a player in MLB history with that HR rate in the postseason. He will be competing with Blanco for ROY votes.

4. SP Balduino Bicalho

11-11, 30 GS, 180 IP, 4.35 ERA, 101 K's, 1.26 WHIP, 3.3 WAR

Bicalho managed to stay healthy for almost the entire season and his post season was even better than Blanco's. I think he performed better than expected and even though his numbers don't look that great he still almost pitched 200 innings and made his investment very worthwhile.

5. OF Jose Blanco

.275 AVG, 0.7 WAR, 112 Games, 440 AB, 0 HR, 36 RBI, 17 SB

Blanco was hot, hot hot early on in the year. He was the driving force behind early season success. He slowed down and then faced a 4 trips to the DL. In fact, his replacement was so successful that he was left off the post season roster due to both performance and injuries. Those numbers are pretty far off what I was hoping for. Next season could be a long one for him.

6. RP Dewey Mahoney

4-3, 4 Saves, 9 Holds, 63 G, 66.1 IP, 2.58 ERA, 45 K's, 1.34 WHIP, 0.6 WAR

Mahoney was a really solid bullpen addition this year. He ended up pitching more innings than I thought he would and his work in 5 post season games was dominant. I signed him to an extension prior to free agency. I still think he could have 1 more good year in him.

7. IF/OF Joe Miller

.293 AVG, 1.9 WAR, 82 Games, 215 AB, 8 HR, 40 RBI

Miller was never a first pick position player, but he every field position except catcher this year. With the numbers that he put up he could have made a bigger impact on the team than he did, but he was clearly good enough. He missed the last 2 months of the year with a hamstring injury and missed out on the post season as well.

10. OF Chris Young

.283 AVG, 0.5 WAR, 53 Games, 173 AB, 2 HR, 18 RBI

Young got a good bit of playing time after coming over in July and filling in for our injured outfield. As guys got healthy again he was left to fight for playing time. A little less power and production than I had hoped. He probably won't be resigned in the future.

That's it, that's all I've got. Hope you enjoyed it. Now, back to my game.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 02-28-2015 at 11:28 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote