View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 05:46 PM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I would say Milwaukee, Minnesota, or Kansas City rather than Detroit. That way you'd have three Midwest/three California teams in the West.

Detroit to me is a border team as this league is currently constructed - could go either in West or East and thus I wouldn't make a decision on it just yet. The other three options are more clearly West.

I like the Kansas City idea here, start a KC/StL rivalry. Buuuuuut ...

The 1901 start date did cause me to go find a list of U.S. cities by population in 1900 though. Of notable baseball cities not definitely in use, Cleveland was #7, Cincy was #10, Detroit #13, Milwaukee #14, Washington #15, Minneapolis #19, Kansas City #22 ... which made me like the KC idea less than I did at first.

But I overcomplicate shit like this quite readily. New York was still twice the size of Chicago in 1900, so I'd put the Giants back in NY and move them later. And do likewise with the Braves and have them begin in Milwaukee and make a move later. And .... well, you get the idea.