View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 07:08 PM   #11
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Yes! It's that time again! It's the 2nd Annual Why Let Only One Person Have All the Fun Contest!

Ok, let’s pick up our spirits. Getting this accomplished in two years would have been amazing, and we still obviously have some good players left. Let’s take care of one of them with our 2nd annual Why Let Only One Person Have All the Fun Contest! Yahoo! Again, the rules are simple. I’ll pick a few candidates and you vote on the one for this year’s people’s choice position change. Remember for your vote to count, you’ve got to include a derogatory mark about Notre Dame. And for all you lurkers/ex-lurkers out there, this is your chance to get your big post #1. Don’t be shy. Join the fun! Let’s have a big turnout this year!

Here are the ballot candidates, but feel free to pick someone else. I couldn’t find a solid junior or sophmore to nix, so all my candidates are seniors. Again, if you see someone you like that’s not on the list, vote for them.
1. RB Lonnie Wolfe (senior, last year). Our second highest rated player, he was a force in game one. Ferocious runner and good hands. Only drawback is that this is his last year, and we have a stud junior behind him.
2. G Thurman Shultz. (senior, last year). I see nothing. This guy is our highest rated player, nearly maxed out at all ratings.
3. WR Duane Loendorf. (senior, last year). Our best receiver on an offense that just racked up 457 yards through the air.
4. OLB Doug Mackie. (senior, one year remaining) This guy was all over the place in game one, racking up three tackles on BYU’s 19 running plays, sacking the QB once, hurrying him once, and blocking two passes as well. Nice thing is he has more than this year left.

And new this year, the Kodos Nominee. For those of you who don’t know him, Kodos is the inspiration behind this dynasty. He is the father of the “anti-dynasty”, and is currently fighting the good fight out of Gatesville, TX, against the Cowboys of Dallas. Be sure to go read all about it! In honor of him, he gets to name a nominee! And his choice is…
5. QB Donovan Eggers. (sophomore, 3 years left). Kodos excellent strategy here is sacrifice the present for the future. Eggers has a 98 potential and will be a star next year. Although, he will play backup to Goodwin this year, he would start if Goodwin got hurt. By nixing him, we wipe out three solid years of football.

Well, there you have it. We’ll run the contest till Tuesday midnight South Bend time, which is I think in the same time zone as Beijing. So hit that reply button, post your player of choice, add an anti-Notre Dame comment (again, keep it clean for all our 12-year-old readers), and join in the fun of destroying someone’s chances to go pro! It’s a blast! The first vote counts double, so act now!

I’ll be back late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning to tally results and move on with more 2002 Notre Dame football action. Go Irish!!!! Yeehaw!!!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote