View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #25
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Wow.

We started off down 21-0 to Michigan, in Michigan. We had one first down, things looked bleak at the end of a quarter. Second quarter, we stop the bleeding and get a stop, then we get a score of our own. 21-7 going into half time.

We get the ball to start the second, and we march slowly down the field, picking and poking our way in for another TD to make it 21-14. Our defense was better in the second half than it was in the first, so we managed to get Michigan into a FG situation to make it 24-14 Michigan.

We get the ball back and again slowly march down the field to get another score. We barely convert on several 3rd downs, but we make it and that is all that matters. We score right at the beginning of the 4th quarter to make it 24-21 Michigan. Coming back, they drive right down our throat with some killer back breakers on 3rd down, pushing their way inside our ten, but we manage to barely stiffen enough to hold them to another FG attempt. 27-21 Michigan.

About 4 minutes left, we have our shot to take the lead. We drive down and score with relative ease, but we score with 2 minutes left, which is probably way too much time. It does give us the lead, however, 28-27.

They come back out and surprisingly we get a 4 down stop right off the bat to take the ball over and seemingly ice it with one first down. We get the first down, but we also score to make it 35-27. There are about 40 seconds left. Michigan has one time out.

They drive down the field slowly, but efficiently enough to be at our 40 yard line or so with a few seconds left, everything on the line. We drop into prevent, the ball is a jump ball and it comes down right in front of the end zone.. One of their guys has it. Unbelievable catch. But that's okay though, he clearly comes down before reaching the goal line and time has run out.

Or maybe they scored. The ref says that dude scored somehow.

I don't need to see a replay, I want to challenge. I can't. Not reviewable. Son of a damn bitch, are you kidding me?

Anyway, anticlimactic ending, we stop the 2 point conversion attempt and win 35-33. We had to earn every damn ounce of this one though, and it almost got way out of hand before I could do anything.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 03-29-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote