View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 09:19 AM   #19
QuikSand
lolzcat

Special Teams Analysis

Since we’re at something of a lull with the league, I wanted to take a moment and check out my special teams capacity on the roster. This is something that I tend to pay tangential attention to ordinarily – but one of the benefits (and purposes) of doing a dynasty report here is my ability to delve a little more deeply into such matters.

So, at the moment – here are the players who are likely to be on the roster when the season starts, who we’d expect to contribute on special teams:

Code:
Ps Player ST Rating LB John Galvan 88/90 LB D.J. Dennis 80/99 FB Chadwick Morimasa 81/91 LB James Dupree 81/87 RB Matt Doughty 76/80 TE Clay Lannon 74/74 WR Walter Peter 75/82 - - - FB Charles Emerson 42/60 WR Justin Berkey 52/55 WR Marcus Meneses 57/63 WR Jimmy Castellano 43/58 LB Gary Rosenbaum 70/70 CB John Raab 46/60 CB Howard Kindred 54/64 CB Bradly Ashurst 58/72 CB Billy Joe Scanlon ??/55? FS Les Hornick 58/58 FS Peter Bella 56/56 FS Chappy Kettler 66/66

Among the seven top-rated guys we have here, we average about 80 in current special teams rating, which is fine. I have no idea how this stacks up against other teams, but I’m comfortable that we can field a squad with high-skilled special teamers with relative ease.

My anticipation is that we will use RB Doughty as a gunner, along with one of the linebackers, probably whomever from that top threesome is active, but not in our starting defensive lineup (perhaps Dupree). Walter Peter is a gunner candidate as well.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote