View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #47
sabotai
General Manager

Contract Extensions

There really isn't any hope left. Unless we put together a string of wins (not draws), we will get relegated. I thought it best not to go into next year with a bunch of my best talent in a contract year where they'd might think it best to pursue other options (by demanding a salary my board would not approve as a 2.Bundesliga team).

Wannenwetsch got a $24k per week contract. Stahl gets a $26k per week contract. Christopher Schindler gets a $25k per week deal. Benajmin Lauth agrees to a pay cut. He was getting $35k because of his "match highest earner" clause. He agrees to a deal for $23k per week, but only to 2016 with a clause to extend it 1 year after playing in 10 league games (I guess he was worried he'd be riding the bench?). Daniel Adlung signs for $24k per week until 2017.

That should give me a team that will do very well next year in 2.Bundesliga, regain promotion and then in 2016, again, look for upgrades for whoever doesn't pull their weight.

Except I went over the budget. Oops. The Board will just have to deal with it.

I'm still looking for a D(R) though. Steinhöfer and Volz have both utterly failed me this year. (Not that everyone else hasn't....but I think the team's performance, or lack of performance, is probably more of me not doing good enough with tactics than the players bad performances).

3/7/2014: Division (H): Lose 1-3 vs. FC Bayern. Backup GK Eicher is in for Kiraly due to injury.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote