Thread: OOTP 19
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 06:39 PM   #106
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Finally had some time to mess around with the new game and ran a 40 year fictional league to build up some history. By the time I've gotten to 2017, I'm seeing some weird stuff with starting pitcher stamina. A ton of pitchers averaging less than or barely 5 innings a start. It's like playing entire seasons using the 2017 playoff pitching usage. 22 pitchers threw between 170 and 190 innings. 1 guy threw 190 innings and was the league leader.

Am I that out of touch with baseball that I don't realize starters are getting pulled after 4 or 5 innings in real life? This seems a bit extreme. I get that you're going to have a group of guys who start 30 games and get 150-170 innings, but they are the "studs" of the league. There are a ton of guys starting 20-30 games and getting 100-140 innings. At the bottom range, I saw guys with 15-25 starts and 70-90 innings.

I had the league follow the yearly league evolution, so we went from guys throwing 220+ innings in the 80s to this. But it seems way too extreme to be realistic. Anyone else seeing this?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote