Thread: OOTP 19
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 02:51 AM   #112
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
There were 20 pitchers who threw over 190 innings last year in MLB, 15 of them threw 200+ innings. In my league, the leader was 190.

I'm going to start over and force the league to stick with 1980s league settings. I get that starters are pitching less in the majors today, but the way the game is handling it seems problematic. Not enough high-end stamina pitchers and that's filtering down to the rest of the pitchers in the league, regardless of whether they are effective or not. And then that's causing relievers to have to pitch way more games and innings, resulting in tired pitchers relieving effective starters after 4-5 innings and getting shelled.

Yeah, this definitely feels like it's off. In my current season the league leaders seem to be averaging around 6-6.5 IP per game, in real life it's much closer to 7. I also see way, way too many pitchers having decent games with decent stamina ratings being pulled after 4-5 innings. I don't know if it's a feature of stamina ratings, just think the game might be too quick to pull starters right now.

Also, the league leading relievers (deliberately excluding players who have made 1 start) have 90+ IP already through 120 games, which is insane. Looks like last year true reliever usage topped out around 80 IP.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote