Thread: OOTP 19
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #116
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
With a standard MLB setup, i took over the Jays in GM only.

After the season, Josh Donaldson wanted 42 mil for 7 seasons. By December, he wanted 39 mil. On December 6th, it looked like he hadn't received an offer. Looking at his demands, i hit advance next day, and he signed immediately with another team for 27 million over 5 years. I had offered 30 on the 1st of December and was told he wouldn't consider it.

His price dropped overnight and i had no opportunity to even see it is all i can think of.

Kershaw, also a free agent, wanted 41 a year on Dec 1 and signed 26.8/7 on the 4th. I wasn't viewing his demands, but it sounds similar to Donaldson.

That's a fail in my books.

I basically reported this exact same issue a couple of versions ago and the community on that board jumped all over me for not understanding how baseball works. So to answer your concerns, no people will not consider reasonable offers. That isn’t how baseball works. People demand a number and then drop their price arbitrarily at some point and take whatever is offered. If that means they turn down 5/100 one week to sign 2/12 the next then so be it. That is how baseball works.

Signed,
OOTP developments community

My own commentary is I can kind of handle this stuff in single player, but it is league destroying in MP. These players should always consider the best offer they get, especially in MP.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote