Thread: OOTP 19
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #117
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
With a standard MLB setup, i took over the Jays in GM only.

After the season, Josh Donaldson wanted 42 mil for 7 seasons. By December, he wanted 39 mil. On December 6th, it looked like he hadn't received an offer. Looking at his demands, i hit advance next day, and he signed immediately with another team for 27 million over 5 years. I had offered 30 on the 1st of December and was told he wouldn't consider it.

His price dropped overnight and i had no opportunity to even see it is all i can think of.

Kershaw, also a free agent, wanted 41 a year on Dec 1 and signed 26.8/7 on the 4th. I wasn't viewing his demands, but it sounds similar to Donaldson.

That's a fail in my books.

The problem with older versions of OOTP, is you'd have guys who were not old and still good enough to play who'd end up retiring because they weren't smart enough to ask for a one-year deal at a reasonable rate or for teams to recalibrate and decide they needed them at some other point in the season.

So this is probably some adjustment of that, to create a more dynamic environment, and isn't working.

I haven't even dove much into 19 yet, but will be curious to see what issues I run into w/r/t the financial side which has always been a gripe of mine.