Thread: OOTP 19
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:29 PM   #123
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Finally had some time to mess around with the new game and ran a 40 year fictional league to build up some history. By the time I've gotten to 2017, I'm seeing some weird stuff with starting pitcher stamina. A ton of pitchers averaging less than or barely 5 innings a start. It's like playing entire seasons using the 2017 playoff pitching usage. 22 pitchers threw between 170 and 190 innings. 1 guy threw 190 innings and was the league leader.

Am I that out of touch with baseball that I don't realize starters are getting pulled after 4 or 5 innings in real life? This seems a bit extreme. I get that you're going to have a group of guys who start 30 games and get 150-170 innings, but they are the "studs" of the league. There are a ton of guys starting 20-30 games and getting 100-140 innings. At the bottom range, I saw guys with 15-25 starts and 70-90 innings.

I had the league follow the yearly league evolution, so we went from guys throwing 220+ innings in the 80s to this. But it seems way too extreme to be realistic. Anyone else seeing this?

Looks like you were on to something as I've had to go to a league wide 26 man roster with 8 relievers per team.

There were like 40 position players pitching because SPs are being pulled too quickly and bullpens are exhausted.

I'm also seeing top RPs not being offered good money so teams get them on a cheap one year deal.

Lastly.. some players really seem to go from good players to no skills in just one off season. These are not 30+ year old players either. It's like a player has a quality season but his ratings drop anyway.

I would wait on a patch or three for any serious MLB style of play. I'm only continuing on because my Cardinals are horrible in 2019 and it's been a challenge trying to get them out of the cellar.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote