View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 03:03 PM   #15
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

The card for River Rumble:

--”The Universal Hearthrob” Austin Idol (c) vs. Jerry Lawler for the AWA Southern Heavyweight title

--The Sheepherders (c) vs The Fabulous Ones for the AWA Southern Tag Team titles

--Bobby Eaton vs Randy Savage

--”Wildcat” Wendell Cooley vs “Exotic” Adrian Street

--”Superstar” Bill Dundee vs “Dirty” Dutch Mantell

Weekly News
--Two big contract signings this week. I sign “Dr. Death” Steve Williams to a six-month contract at $2,200 per appearance and also sign the Junkyard Dog to a six-month contract at $2,300 per appearance. These two will help the face/heel balance, particularly at the main event and upper midcard level.

--Both Williams and JYD have decent overness in the Southeast region so that will help when I need to do a Monday night Southeast show. JYD is at 100 popularity in the Mid-South.

--Jerry Stubbs, at $1,050 per appearance, and “Handsome” Jimmy Valiant, at $1,250 per appearance, were added to the roster. Both are good workers. Valiant has Memphis connections and is decently over in the Southeast.

--I fire Porkchop Cash. He’s not a bad worker but his commitments to Mid-Atlantic and Central States keep him from being very effective here. He is constantly complaining of being tired.

--Ray Candy has been hyped up as “one to watch”.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote