View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #64
larrymcg421
Head Coach

March 5

Vauxhall (13-7-16, 15th) at Forest Green (14-7-15, 13th)

Ouch. We got our asses handed to us in this one. We never really threatened and Forest Green just put in goal after goal. The worst part is O'Callaghan got hurt again and will be out for 2 weeks.

Final: Forest Green 4, Vauxhall 0

Goals:
Assists:
Top Three: Rutter 6.5, Dey 6.4, Hubbard 6.3
Worst: Blakely 4.9

March 8

Vauxhall (13-7-17, 15th) vs. Hereford (16-10-11, 6th)

And we bounce back in a big way against Hereford, possibly ending their playoff chances. Dunn starts things off by taking advantage of a horrible pass and starting a break that he finished. Then an own goal put us up 2-0 at the half. We keep attacking in the 2nd half and Clark gets on the board by grabbing a deflection and striking a powerful shot. Then Hubbard adds one more late to make it a complete route.

Final: Vauxhall 4, Hereford 0

Goals: Hubbard, Dunn, Clark
Assists: Dunn, Rutter, Hewitt, Ajayi
Top Three: Dunn 8.4, Clark 8.3, Kennedy 8.1
Worst: Ellams 6.6

March 12

Vauxhall (14-7-17, 15th) vs. Barnet (19-10-9, 5th)

Another really strong team, but we can't dominate them the same way we did to Hereford. We do start off the scoring when Dunn converts a penalty. Barnet comes back in the 2nd half and takes the lead with goals in the 51st and 78th minute. However, Barnet makes a serious error on a deep throw-in and sends it right to Clark who lobs a beautiful pass to Dunn. Dunn makes the keeper look silly and equalizes in the 88th minute.

Final: Vauxhall 2, Barnet 2

Goals: Dunn 2
Assists: Peake, Clark
Top Three: Dunn 8.6, Peake 6.8, Walker 6.8
Worst: Foster 6.0

March 19

Vauxhall (14-8-17, 15th) at Stockport (10-11-18, 23rd)

Our promotion partners Stockport are fighting to avoid the drop. Dominic Kennedy infuriates me early on by doing my least favorite thing - sending a cross field pass deep in our own half of the field. It's intercepted in a central position and there's no chance to stop the goal. With a gifted lead, Stockport pull back and try to protect a desperately needed victory. It works until the 68th minute when there keeper fails to catch a cross and Hubbard puts it through. They are still able to hold on to the draw, but that might not be enough to keep them up.

Final: Vauxhall 1, Stockport 1
Goal: Hubbard
Assist: Dark
Top Three: Hubbard 7.1, Walker 6.9, Dark 6.8
Worst: Rutter 6.3

March 26

Vauxhall (14-9-17, 14th) vs. Southport (12-10-18, 20th)

We help out our buddies Stockport by completely destroying one of the teams they are fighting with in relegation zone. 1st half goals by Dark and O'Callaghan give us a comfortable 2-0 lead. Then, in the 2nd half, Dunn scores two goals in a 4 minute span to completely put the game away. O'Callaghan adds another one before Southport are able to pull one back.

Final: Vauxhall 5, Southport 1
Goals: Dunn 2, O'Callaghan 2, Dark
Assists: Hubbard 2, Dunn, Dark
Top Three: Dunn 9.5, Dark 9.3, Hubbard 8.7
Worst: Tait 7.1

March 28

Vauxhall (15-9-17) vs. Guiseley (14-6-21, 18th)

We all remember our good friends Guiseley. They beat us in the playoff final last year, one of the most crushing experiences I've had in a text sim. We got some revenge by beating them 3-1 at their place earlier this year. And we continue that by taking an early lead and piling on late. It is a 2-0 halftime lead and we get a 3rd goal in the 75th minute. A 3-0 win is nice, but I want to destroy them, so we still attack and manage to add two more in the 90th and 92nd minute to humiliate them and hopefully send them to relegation land. The last 3 goals all came from backup Elliot Peake.

Final: Vauxhall 5, Guiseley 0
Goals: Peake 3, O'Callaghan, Hubbard
Assists: Hewitt 2, Dark, O'Callaghan
Top Three: Peake 9.6, O'Callaghan 9.3, Hubbard 9.1

*We rebounded nicely from that awful defeat against Forest Green to move all the way up to 12th and are now 11 pts ahead of relegation with 4 matches left. One more win or two draws will clinch survival.

*It should be an interesting relegation battle. There are 6 teams within a 3 pt difference and 3 of them will be relegated.

*The battle for the playoffs is less exciting, with 10 pt gap between 5th and 6th, although the league title race is still open.

*I wish I knew why O'Callaghan won't talk to me about a contract renewal.

*Also, I'm concerned that yet again the board is waiting until the last minute to renew my own contract.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 05-15-2014 at 07:19 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote