View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 07:38 AM   #13
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think you are probably right that there's not a majority of users in any sport just brazenly using steroids, but anything considered a banned PED? Maybe I'm just showing my ignorance here.

This was the key for me. I know they are not supposed to be taking random things that worked for their wife or other family members but they are not that different than the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I think people would be surprised at how soft the drug testing is in the major sports leagues.

And then there is this.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.n...0Memo_2017.pdf

Quote:
Every NFL player is to be tested for performance enhancing
substances between the opening day of training camp and the Friday before the first full weekend of preseason games Friday, August 11, 2017.

Yes there are random tests throughout the year that might catch people. I also believe that there are failed tests that are explained away in appeal that we never hear about. That does not include those that use the drug but have a waiver To be clear, I don't believe 75%+ of players are using steroids like the East German Olympic Team. I do believe that there are enough drugs on the banned lists that are available at your local GNC that it would not surprise me that some made it into the system of the pros.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote