View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #310
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anyone I like and wanna make an offer to in UFA?

The best FB in the league, 5th year vet, 70/70 Chad Eckard is there, wants 5 mill/year. Wanna spend 84 mill for 4 years for Swift? I don’t! There are a few players I like. But I want to see how close the Jacobs deal gets us...

5 years, 150.5 mill, with cap hits of 26, 23, 24, 34, and 44.

Without releasing WR Frederick, that puts us at 16 mill under the cap and room for 7 mill, with 45 players on our team right now under contract.

I have a bit of an issue with my O Line Valle has become my leader and there’s some conflicts. I may have to look at that later.

Chase LB Clinton? Another leader helper?

I don’t have the cash, and I don’t have the need to cut Frederick yet, right?

Well, why not chase a WR in FA that’s better than Frederick and can be that immediate swap? That’s Trenton Logan, 51/51, 27 years old, wants 3 years, and 15 mill. I’d only save 2.5 mill this year, and then be tied to his deal for two more Any WRs in the draft or anything I think could be here at 1.32? Nope, this is a pretty weak WR draft. So I could basically sign Logan and cut Frederick, cut Frederick and sign other players, or punt and worry about WR next year. Nah. We need to bring in another body.

I make Logan the offer.

I go ahead and cut Frederick, so I can chase the leaders at other spots. I make offers to LB Rickey Clinton, 2 years, 4 mill and LT KC Fletcher, 1 year, 3.5 mill that Banks and Guzy just love.

Week 2 – OT Raymond signs with the Bucs. Swift signs a mega-del for 150 mill over 5 years with the Saints.

Week 7 – We sign OT Fletcher and WR Logan, the best WR in FA. FS Kaplan heads ot the Saints

Week 9 – We sign our LB Clinton too.

We have 47 players under contract, 12 mill in cap space, just 3 mill after the draft.

Draft time!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote