View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 09:18 AM   #86
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

December 28, 2005
away at Cheltenham (currently in 16th with 16 points, we have 36 points)
S: D'Sane/Tarachulski/Hammond
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Wilde/Johnson (up arrow on Johnson only)
D: Davis/Davies/Williams/Foley (no up arrows)

This two games in three days is tough, but looking at Cheltenham's fixtures list and roster, I see that they also played on the 26th, but they have way less depth than we do. While scouting them, I also note that their the team which has conceded the most goals in League One this season, with 41. As a comparison, we're in the middle of the pack with 25 conceded goals.

12th minute: A short corner by Marc Bridge-Wilkinson gets headed back to him and he centers it switfly, straight to Bobby Wilde, who heads it toward the net. It's in and we're up 1-0.

39th minute: Bridge-Wilkinson, who is having a good first half, squeezes in between two defenders and intercepts the ball. He fires a very long shot that catches Cheltenham's keeper napping, 2-0.

60th minute: It all happens on the left for our third goal, starting with a great play and pass by Sol Davis to Roscoe D'Sane who moves the ball to Bartosz Tarachulski. Tarachulski then tips the ball to Lee Mansell, right outside the box, where he fakes the keeper out of his shorts. Great goal, we're up 3-0 by now...

86th minute: We can not save the clean sheet as they keep spraying our goalkeeper with shots. After one that hit the bar, they get the rebound and convert, we're still up, 3-1.

It ends on that score, after maybe one of the longest last 10 minutes of a game. They really went on full attack, shooting from about every angle possible, but we held on. It was a wild offensive game.

Final Score: Luton 3, Cheltenham 1
Shots (on target): Luton 16 (8), Cheltenham 19 (5)
MoM: Marc Bridge-Wilkinson with a sensational match and a 10 ratings. He complete 26 of 31 passes, 5 of them key passes, while also shootin 5 times, 4 of them on target.

With this win, we remain unbeaten in our last 7 games and we move up to 5th place.

U18 News
While we were playing, the Luton U18 also played and Kevin Joyce showed sensational form, receiving Man of the Match award with a ratings of 9. He intercepted 9 balls in his match.

Team Board News
The Luton Team Board is once again extremely pleased with the nice win. They again say that they think we have proven that we're able to fight with the big boys... I agree that we are on an amazing roll, just gotta hope we won't fall flat...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-21-2004 at 09:57 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote