View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #1
Groundhog
Coordinator

Groundhog learns Python - Road to a Basketball Text Sim

For the longest time I’ve wanted to learn a programming language. Years ago I played around a little with VB6, but I struggled for a few reasons – the biggest was probably the fact that the ‘visual’ nature of VB6 had me so worried about creating pretty forms that I didn’t spend enough time actually learning the fundamental concepts of programming languages. This time around I’ve gone with Python as it’s free and has a lot of learning resources online.

And what better way to teach myself a language than to try and create a complex sports sim, right???

Although I have a grand/maybe-unrealistic vision of a web-based, multiplayer-focused basketball simulator, initially I’m looking to just put together a piece of code that simulates a game of basketball between two teams. Before that though, there’s the small matter of learning how to program!

This thread will chroncile my attempts to learn Python, as well as my attempts to convert that knowledge into the practical side of making a basketball sim.

Last edited by Groundhog : 07-21-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote