View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

The first thing we do is hit the Silver State. We're really working on getting it out there that if you're any good and if we're not set at your position, you're staying home.

Next up, we're going to look at specific schools we successfully recruited in last year, so focusing on the freshmen. This is to emulate me as the new coach building ties, rather than relying on the previous regime. Unfortunately, nothing comes up there, but at least I've started a list.

Week 1 Recruits
T Clay Clinton - Reno, NV (Redline)
WR Tyrus DeBoer - Las Vegas, NV (Redline)
T Jared Kok - Las Vegas, NV (Redline)
T Emmanuel Tobias - Sparks, NV (Redline)
RB Damon Parten - Van Nuys, CA (Redline exemption)
DE James Wentdorf - Fort Lauderdale, FL (Blackline exemption)
DE Howard Weideman - New Milford, NJ
ILB Les Perry - Soquel, CA

I've noticed our academic ratings, which were all pretty good last season, have hit the tank this year. That's killing us on the recruiting trail.

vs UW-La Crosse (-11)
If we can't beat my old alma mater at Sam Boyd Stadium, it's going to be a very long season. What a fantastic start to his UNLV career for Player of the Game QB Rufus Heath. 17/26 for 261 yards, 4 TDs and one INT. Our pass rush ate the Eagles alive, with a few multi-sack guys: DE Harris Burbank with 3, DE C.J. Watkins with 2.5, and DE Jesse Haddock with 1.5. Just the blowout we needed to set the tone for the year.
UW-La Crosse 6 UNLV 56

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote