View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

So where do I see us this season? Honestly, probably close to that 5-6 (3-4) mark. It felt like the Mountain West had a bit of a down year last season and I don't have faith in our defense. By the way, QB Rex Laflamme? Comes in at 9/55, and the Cougars are redshirting him this season.

Week 2
-RB Damon Parten has a slew of offers already: LSU, Nebraska, and USC. Trojans will probably win, but we'll stay in on him.
-T Jared Kok has an offer from Arizona State.
-ILB Les Perry gets offered by Penn State and says he probably won't consider our school.

New Additions:
QB Lewis Lowery - Brookline, MA
CB Marcus Gerhardt - Athol, MA
CB Stephen Randle - Georgetown, MA
K Leon Codeke - Lynn, MA

As you can see, a new strategy I'm trying is to find an entry point into a far-flung state and then tackling multiple players within that state. I'm already feeling like this year's recruiting class won't be as good as last season's, so I'm experimenting with different things.

Bye week.

Week 3
-T Clay Clinton has an offer from Minnesota.
-Tennessee and UCLA offer RB Damon Parten and he immediately visits the Bruins. Best to back off him, I think.
-ILB Les Perry has an offer from Stanford.
-CB Stephen Randle's phone blows off with offers from Florida, Iowa, Miami (OH), and Penn State. He immediately visits the Nittany Lions. Ugh.
-CB Marcus Gerhardt gets offers from Colorado, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Stanford.

New Recruits
RB Lionel Kerner - Schenecdaty, NY
S Howie Tubbs - Washington, DC
OLB Karl Freeman - Billings, MT
OLB Bo Tubbs - Cape May Court House, NJ
DT Shaun Mull - Tampa, FL
TE Andrew Corbett - Milpitas, CA

@ Arkansas (1-0) (+8) (ESPN3)
The Hogs are gonna gore us, I have a funny feeling, but you never know. Yep, they do. RB Jamal Dupont is definitely in a sophomore slump early in the season. Our lone bright spot in this debacle is ILB Neil Lyon, who racks up 13 tackles, an assist, and a TFL.
UNLV 7 Arkansas 52

As if that isn't bad enough, reserve RB Rich Fleming pulls his hamstring so badly he's done for the year.

Week 3
-TE Andrew Corbett visits us ahead of offers from Duke and Rutgers. TE isn't a major need area, but at this point, we'll take everything we can get.
-QB Lewis Loney gets an offer from Boston College and immediately visits.
-RB Lionel Kerner has an offer from Arizona State.
-Texas Tech joins the RB Damon Parten fray and he's visiting UCLA.
-Arizona now offers T Clay Clinton.
-T Jared Kok gets offered by Indiana.
-New Mexico State offers T Emmanuel Tobias.
-Texas A&M offers ILB Les Perry, as does Penn State, the latter of whom he promptly visits. Damn, the Nittany Lions are kicking our asses in recruiting this season.
-Kansas offers OLB Karl Freeman.
-Let's just say CB Stephen Randle has a slew of offers and leave it at that. Ditto CB Marcus Gerhardt.

Bye week.

..Great. DE Jesse Haddock gets busted stealing a car and going joyriding. He was also drunk and hit a telephone phone on Tropicana, destroying the car. Congratulations, Jesse, you're suspended. Way to ruin your senior year. True freshman DE Bryant Dacosta has shown enough in practice to win the starting job.

Week 5
-T Emmanuel Tobias visits us and Colorado.
-Michigan, Stanford, and Texas all get visits from T Clay Clinton. I'll be damned if I let the kid from Reno go without a fight, though.
-K Leon Codeke has an offer from Michigan State.
-DE James Wentworf gets an offer from South Carolina.
-ILB Les Perry has 7 offers and is visiting Virginia Tech.
-At this point, I'm going to stop mentioning offers and visits and just report when players drop down to a final five, four, three, whatever.

@ Wyoming (1-2) (-1)
Yep, we're favored by a single point in our MWC opener against the Pokes. Probably something to do with Haddock's suspension, but I think we can still get this. Sadly, despite WR Victor Rabini's 5 catches for 107 yards, the first Runnin' Rebel receiver of my regime to break the century mark, our offense falls apart.
UNLV 7 Wyoming 17

ILB Neil Lyon sprains his wrist and is Out 7 weeks. Fucking wonderful.

T Emmanuel Tobias commits to our school, but it's hard to feel too excited about it. Between all the injuries and the rough recruiting trail and the struggles with the offense as everyone adapts to our new scheme, it's a nasty season ahead.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote