View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 10:12 AM   #3
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

As far as players who played on multiple teams go, if a player played on 2 teams for the 1998 season, it'll be very simple: no matter how long he was with each team for the real 1998 season, in this replay, he will be with the first team he played on for the first 4 games, on the second team he played on for the last 4 games, plus the MLB Cup, if that team qualifies.

For players who played on 3 or more teams, it's a little more tricky. Here, I have to take into consideration how much time a player spent on each team. There are several players who played on 3 teams, and some of the split formats I'm using are 2-3-3, 2-2-4, 3-1-4 in a rare case, or others. I am trying to give the most consideration to the team he played the most games with.

This has always been the trickiest part when I do something like this, making sure players are playing on the right team when they should be. I've messed this up more than once in previous projects, but that's ok, as long as every player plays in at least 1 game with all the teams he played for in the actual 1998 MLB season, that's the biggest thing.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote