View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #327
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Database issues? Aren't they both using Lahman? Why does OOTP make Duren a bum and BM has him the closer? Its got to be more than a database issue.

On the x-factor, the same thing happens every sim, there's no variation. I could live with sometimes McDowell comes up, some times he doesn't, but he's always up.

And I started out by saying no sim comes close to getting 1961 correct, so, no I"m not looking for SOM, merely closer to reality than the game is getting. For this one season, BM is doing a worse job than OOTP or Puresim. 1961 is a tough test, all games have failed. BM was a little worse, IMO.

More testing is required, but I'm skeptical.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote