View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

3/5/2014Friendly: USA VS Senegal
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0Att: 21,193Favorite: USA
This gives me a good opportunity to try our third tactic, a countering 5-3-2, which has some stark differences to our regular 4-1-3-2 in that true wingbacks are utilized and it will allow me to use Altidore (who is injured of course) as a target man.Clint Dempsey will fill that role in Jozy's absence, while Donovan can create as an AMC
GK - HowardMid - Beasley, Bradley, Kljestan, Chandler
Def - Besler, Cameron, BrooksAtt - Donovan ©, Dempsey, Johannsson
Summary
11 - Beasley gets forward on the wing and feeds a cross in to Dempsey who bangs it in!! 1-0
13 - Off a throw in Dempsey finds Johannsson on a run and he scores, but the flag was up
27 - Diop finds Sadio Mane unmarked at the top of the area on a corner and he blasts it in 1-1
35 - Diop on free kick from the byline, ball loose in the 6 yard box, Demba Ba scores!! 1-2
HT - Well, the new tactic started well, but we were beyond bad on set pieces, back to 4-3-3
46 - Zusi on for Donovan and Fabian Johnson on for Beasley as they fit our regular tactic better
59 - Diop is deadly on set pieces as he bangs a free kick from an angle off the cross bar
62 - Jermaine Jones on for Cameron at DMC
63 - Dempsey from just inside Senegal's half place a beauty to Johannsson who equalizes 2-2
72 - Bradley is banged up, so Bedoya comes on and Gonzalez at DC for Brooks
FinalUSA - 2Senegal - 2USA scoring
Shots145Dempsey
Target64Johannsson
Poss42%58%
Booked00MOM - Clint Dempsey USA (7.8)
The new tactic was actually decent, we just needed to attack in the second half to equalize and the discrepancy in possession was only 49/51 before we changed, so that is due to attacking.Set piece defending will be a focus going forward and I will now only use the counter if we are heavy dogs or have a lead and the other team is pushing too many forward.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote