View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 02:00 AM   #70
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

SRI LANKA RANKINGS UPDATE

Anil Mehul -- 17th to 15th singles, 383rd to 381st doubles. An 11-5 mark brings him to 40 wins, already better than last year's 37 and there's still several events to go. The breakout semifinal at the USO puts him solidly in the Top 16, and the rest of the year will be about getting set up for the offseason and getting as close to the Top 10, the next goal, as he can by the end of the year.

Girish Girsh -- 168th to 152nd singles, 435th to 438th doubles. Nearly stagnant the last couple months, Girsh did qualify for the last two Slams but at this point is essentially replacing 20-25 point results(good futures tournaments from last year) with 35-point results(GS qualifying, semis in challengers). It is still the case that until he starts getting some challenger titles, it'll be slow progress. I think he's close to breaking through, but not quite there yet.

Prakash Mooljee -- 626th to 475th juniors. Right now the limiting factor as much as anything is physical maturation. Mooljee doesn't have the endurance to play a lot of matches in a week. At his age, a more important measuring stick than ranking is looking at how many players younger than him are ranked ahead, which I'll look at in more detail at the end of the year but he's doing pretty good there.

Manager's Ranking -- 22nd to 21st, 11.6k to 12.3k, a lot of that due to Mehul's USO SF.

Being played out as I write this is the WTC quarterfinal tie against Austria. Much will be determined there, and a month after that the asian swing picks up steam with the Shanghai Masters.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote