View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #170
PilotMan
Head Coach

April Recap

This was a bad, bad month and the worst start for LA. LA finished the month with a record of 8-17 and the 3rd worst record in baseball. Incredibly, the A's and Brewers were worst. LA though, was the worst in the NL. At this point, the Dodgers are in 5th in the NL West, and 10 games behind the Astros who are off to an 18-7 start to the year. It's bad. So bad.

It looks like a bad start to a long season. I had a much more optimistic view of the season a month ago. Now? I shutter at the thought of what it could be, so let's cover this quickly.

LA is 12th in the NL in runs scored, 10th in average and 11th in OBP. Team OBP is below .300, and even despite all that the team is 4th in HR's. Starters are 6th in ERA and the bullpen is 8th. The team is 2nd in the NL in defense.

Top players for the month were Rickey (.312/.396/.473, 7SB, 4 HR (tied for team lead)), and Pedro (.322/.359/.506, 4 HR). Who didn't help with the bat? Inky (.154/.258/.154) and Caminiti (.172/.161/.172) are both back in the minors. Schofield and his .173/.287/.267 is in danger of losing his job and even career +.300 hitter Marty Barrett only hit .215/.270/.258. You really can go down the line. I won't pick on some of the other utility players, but there's a lot to hate right now.

The pitching staff wasn't quite so bad, but...Frank DiPino pitched in a team high 10 games, and had a 7.47 ERA and a 1.66 WHIP. Jim Beattie started 4 games, went 1-3 and had a 4.97 ERA. Franco pitched the best posting a 0.79 ERA in 9 games, with 4 saves and Lee Smith a 0.82 ERA in 8 games. Frank Tanana was the top starter, going 2-2 with a 2.42 ERA.

In the NL East it's the Expos back on top by 3 over the Pirates with a 17-7 record. The Mets are off to a horrid start going 10-13 and are 6.5 back. In the AL East, the Yankees are in 3rd, 2.5 behind the Indians and Orioles, who are tied at the top. And over in the West, or the 'good' AL division, the Royals are in front by a half over the White Sox.

On to May and I hope a plan for our favored team.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote