View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #325
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update

You may recall this update from a couple weeks ago...

Quote:
200 Medley Relay – There were relays at this meet, and Brett got on the Gold A relay. He wasn’t with any of his buddies, but he was happy to be swimming the relay. This race started immediately after the 200 Breast with Brett not having any time to even do the cool down swim. The backstroker was third or fourth at the wall when Brett dove in, but Brett was first on the other end, swimming down and passing the other breaststrokers that were in front of him. The flyer opened the lead, and the freestyler maintained it…so Brett’s relay won the event….

The reason I'm bringing this up is that the win in this event earned Brett is first year round medal...This was a huge goal for him coming into the season, as he's seen his siblings win year round medals several times. He was very pumped up after receiving this, and I'm hoping this continues to motivate him to work hard (though I have no complaints about his work over the summer. He hasn't missed a single practice, including 2 a days on Monday's and Wednesdays...)

Last edited by Breeze : 07-15-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote