View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #19021
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

For those whose wife does not cook ... what do you eat? Canned soup, sandwiches and like? or buy fast food, pizza?

Curious why you would make that assumption?

I can cook just about anything. I worked in restaurants for several years, and considered a career as a chef, even got accepted to the CIA before deciding I didn't want to pay the outlandish tuition.

I quit my job 3.5 years ago to be a stay at home dad, but even before then I did all the cooking. I love to cook.

Some things I like making are eggpland parm, tacos, various soups in crockpots ( great for days the kids have activities), broiled pork chops, vegetable ziti. I grill a ton in the summer, steaks, fish, chicken eggplant, asparagus, burger, and dogs. I also have an air fryer that I love and an insta pot I experiment with. That is just a small sample. I would do a lot more but I try and stick with things my kids will eat.

I also make my wife and I breakfast every day. Usually scrambled eggs with a variety of veggies. Spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes. I have a recipe for homemade bagels which are awesome, but a bit labor intensive. I do awesome breakfast potatoes in the air fryer. I'll often make waffles or pancakes for the kids. Sometimes I'll do a sweet potato hash with fried egg on top.

Cooking is easy and really fun. I throw some music on alexa, grab a beer and get to work. I enjoy it immensely.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote