View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #19024
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Curious why you would make that assumption?

I can cook just about anything. I worked in restaurants for several years, and considered a career as a chef, even got accepted to the CIA before deciding I didn't want to pay the outlandish tuition.

I quit my job 3.5 years ago to be a stay at home dad, but even before then I did all the cooking. I love to cook.

Some things I like making are eggpland parm, tacos, various soups in crockpots ( great for days the kids have activities), broiled pork chops, vegetable ziti. I grill a ton in the summer, steaks, fish, chicken eggplant, asparagus, burger, and dogs. I also have an air fryer that I love and an insta pot I experiment with. That is just a small sample. I would do a lot more but I try and stick with things my kids will eat.

I also make my wife and I breakfast every day. Usually scrambled eggs with a variety of veggies. Spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes. I have a recipe for homemade bagels which are awesome, but a bit labor intensive. I do awesome breakfast potatoes in the air fryer. I'll often make waffles or pancakes for the kids. Sometimes I'll do a sweet potato hash with fried egg on top.

Cooking is easy and really fun. I throw some music on alexa, grab a beer and get to work. I enjoy it immensely.

This. It is not that my wife cannot cook. She is a great cook. The main reason I am the primary cook in the family is that I work from home most of the time. But even when we both worked outside the home, I would say with it was at least 60/40 with me doing the majority because it is something I absolutely enjoy doing.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote