View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #311
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The two last expansion teams have been announced - Austin and Richmond

Now I need to make a decision. Do I stick with the Albuquerque Rail Runners or do I hop to Richmond?

Before I make that decision, I change the nickname of the Austin club to the Tonkawas from the Gold Rush. Tonkawas is more appropriate for the area, so I picked it.

Hop to Richmond or stay with Albuquerque. Why would I want to do each?

Richmond - Building a franchise from scratch is fun! I only have one more chance to do it, this year in Richmond. Albuquerque has momentum and I can leave it and jump to Richmond for some serious fun.

Albuquerque - Working with my draftees is fun! I feel some loyalty to Heath Shepherd, Tony Clements, Ed Gardener, Jerome Baker, Marty Brennan, Orlando Wells, Donald Wagner, Ross Meadows, Leon Morabito, Eric Carlson and Travis Westbrook. (The 11 All Pros on my roster that I drafted).

I want to get them into the Hall of Fame, and by continuing to surround them with talent, I can dictate game plan and roster in order to get them wins, trophies and more.

However, to everything there must be an end. Ending my tenure at Albuquerque will be a end to an era.

Ah, well, I jump to Richmond. Ta-ta Albuquerque!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote