Head Coach

We make a huge leap in the polls this week:

Media Poll:

1. Syracuse (19-2)
2. W. Virginia (18-2)
3. Georgia Tech (14-3)
4. Florida State (14-1)
5. Oklahoma State (16-2)

Boston College 8th, Clemson 19th, Duke 24th.

Ohio falls out of the top 25 due to a weak conference schedule it appears. They're 17-1, losing their opener to Pacific before running off 17 straight so far.

Also, while we're at it, an update on goals, as things change dramatically now that i'm at a big school.

I've already got a point coming for getting hired by a power conference. Additionally, it seems a near certainty that I'll assemble a top 20 recruiting class.

Other goals that do not seem impossible:

-- Sign a 5 star recruit - I've got offers out to 3 of them, and seem to have realistic shots at them all.

-- Sign a high school All-American - one of my offers is to a HS All American

-- Assemble the top recruiting class - seems unlikely but if I can grab a 5 star or two and pull in 7 top 70 guys? Who knows.

-- Have a player chosen in the pro draft - No idea here, Crosswhite and Summers are both dark horse candidates. So its likely we're 4 years away from this.

-- Upset the #1 ranked team - We'd have to play a #1 team of course... we do play Georgia Tech in the final two weeks of the regular season, and they're #3 currently.

-- Coach a team to the #1 ranking - we're #4 so who knows.

-- Coach a team to the final four/Coach a team to the national title - Our beatdown against Georgia Tech suggests that we're probably not *quite* this good but clearly anything at all can happen.

-- Coach a team to a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament - If we can get through this rough patch in our schedule with just 1 loss this seems quite realistic.

-- Be chosen NCAA coach of the year - this would probably require a tournament championship

I don't expect to get many of these this year obviously. A 5* recruit and a 1 seed seem realistic. Most importantly, anything I can load up on now to improve my coaching abilities would be huge, as it will be at least 3 years before I have a team anywhere near this caliber again it would seem.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote