View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #63
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsVT View Post
I went ahead and posted the latest 1.8.1 which allows site admins to set email preferences independent of GM email settings as Ben described above (ex: off for the admin while GMs can elect to get everything).

Ben graciously helped me track down some email bugs that will be patched soon, but here they are and the workarounds until I get a chance this weekend to put in the patches:

1) Rollback will throw an error for trying to send an email to a blank email address if a GM somehow stores a blank email address in the database. I'm investigating how that happens. - Likely occurred in the draft admin user tab where regex testing was not set.

2) Setting Chat disabled forces email disabled and causes lots of issues. So set chat to "user defined embed code" and leave the code textbox blank for now if you don't want chat.

3) Using the "mail()" email system and minimal email settings will cause an error to be thrown if it tries to send an email to nobody. Safe to ignore for now. You should use sendmail() if possible.

4) GM Options shows an invalid phone number message even when you're not setting the phone number. Annoying.

These are now patched in v1.8.2 which I just posted at the top of this thread.

Last edited by WheelsVT : 02-17-2013 at 09:17 AM.
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote